Friday, November 12, 2010

You never know

So a few weeks back I told you about how I went on an interview to a Doctor’s office, and within 3 minutes it was over because I was told I was not “right” for the position. I then told you how I sent an e-mail telling them what they were missing. Then the most common thing happened, I completely put them out of my mind.
Anyone who doesn’t hear back from a place that they feel they were prejudged and mislead, that’s right they mislead me, would put it out of their minds! How so? Why would you live in the past? You cannot change how other people view the world. But how did they mislead me you ask? Well, if they had my resume the whole time, then it was not a shock to them that I did not have doctor’s office experience, so why make me go through this process if I’m not even a candidate? So pretty much I took the time to e-mail them and tell them how wrong they were to judge me, and how it was their loss.
Well, as I stated, I put that place out of my mind, and then I got the oddest call this morning. I pick up the phone and when the woman said where she was calling from I was confused. She said they wanted me to come in for a second interview. I replied, “really?” This probably is not my best response, but I was more than confused! Honestly I was shocked, because I never heard anything back from my e-mail, and figured he would have to admit he was wrong if he called me back. I then proceeded to ask when, and of course agreed.
When I told my husband he was as shocked as me, I think. He assumes a receptionist position must have opened. I assume that the doctors and current office manager talked and realized how wrong he was. I sent my e-mail to a general mailbox, so I knew he would not be the only one to see it. I didn’t do it to be mean, I did it because he obviously didn’t give me his card on the way out and that was all I could find on their website. I thought perfect! His office manager will probably read this and know how he dismissed me.
Yes, part of me was angry and annoyed when I wrote the e-mail, why wouldn’t I be? At that time I felt they wasted my time and told me I wasn’t good enough, when I know that isn’t true, but still I felt that was the message he sent. This time I know what I am walking into. And as my husband reminds me, this guy is sort of a jerk, and not the kind of person who seems to inspire you. But I was strong enough to stand up for myself once, I can surely do it again.
Next week is a big week for me. I find out about the interviews I have been doing the last few weeks with a great organization that makes a difference, I have the excitement of going on a “second date” with a guy that made an idiot of himself on the first one, and I also decided it was time to move forward with getting an agency to represent me. Well, not 100% my choice, with Christmas around the corner there has been some influence on me that temp work might not be the worst option if I get to buy my husband a gift just from me.

1 comment: