Saturday, October 9, 2010

Knock knock...

Ever feel like life is just one big joke and that if you don’t laugh at it you might just break down and cry? Get in line. I’m not talking about the unemployment line, although that seems to be on the increase these days. It seems that I wasn’t alone with feeling like the is no hope out there, being that statistics are showing that this past month more unemployed are giving up on their job search…taking a break are we unemployed?
This is the perfect opportunity for me to swoop in and get a job interview, and that’s just what I have done. With my persistence, and lack of direction at this point, I actually made it past the automated computer software that decides if you are even worth talking to. How you ask? I’m not quite sure, because my charm does not always come through a “rate these in order of importance” type of test. But it’s true, I received an e-mail asking me to schedule a phone interview.
Now months ago I would be fantasizing about what my office would look like, but today is a different story.  I assume if I do get offered a job it will be for way less than I was making previous to going to college, while I will be working twice as hard, if that is even possible. But even worse, I assume I won’t get the job. My original “can’t touch this” domineer is now more of a, “babysitters make more money than this an hour” look of disgust when they tell me the pay. I can’t help myself it seems it is written all over my face. You don’t want me as a poker partner… Regardless, I assume I won’t be offered the job anyway and life will resume with me repeating the process again and again.
So when did my life become a joke? When did I go from having a driving force and career path, to the girl who can’t even get hired at a retail store to work for minimum wage? Well, maybe the joke is on everyone else. Maybe you have to struggle to reach your true potential and some “force” out there decided we had some serious struggling to do in this house. We had to learn the value of money. Honestly I never thought I wouldn’t be able to pay my bills. I always thought I could splurge and I would make more. Now I know that’s not true. You can’t go to the most expensive school in New Jersey just because you want to.
So okay Universe, I learnt my lesson…can I please have a career and job now so I can pay my debts back to society, or is this a push so I move to Finland? Do they make you pay your student loans back if you leave the country?!

No comments:

Post a Comment